Friday, June 7, 2013

Long time no post :(

Life has been keeping me in the fast lane lately so I've not been posting any updates, mainly because progress on my projects has been slow, more like stalled.

The bathroom project is still my priority, although it doesn't seem to be getting my full attention: tiling the tub surround, to be followed by new light fixtures, painting, window, door and baseboard trim, and building shelves over the toilet.  I'm much to easily distracted!  The biggest stumbling block has been how to finish off around the small niche that I put in the wall opposite the shower head.  Because of the tile I am using (white subway tile) and the niche having four inside and four outside corners, and my not thinking the project through thoroughly before starting, solutions have been slow in coming.  I'm glad to report that the inside went together nicely but the outside corners have been the bane of my existance.  The bottom two outside corners finished nicely but the top two had me stymied until I found an outside corner quarter round tile piece that I could order through Home Depot.  I now have them in hand and will soon have this part of the tile project finished.  Then comes grout!

This is where I started - Pepto anyone?

Now, just this teeny, tiny bit to finish tiling.

Even in this state, it's a 100%  improvement over the pink!

What's your motivation to keep at a project that is moving at the speed of molasses?


No comments:

Post a Comment